BOOKING & GUEST POLICIES
1. CHECK IN/CHECK OUT
- Check-in time:13:00 hrs IST (Check-in are allowed only till 23:00 hrs) and Check-out time: 11:00 hrs IST
- It is mandatory for every guest to present a GoI approved valid Photo ID at the time of check-in. Valid IDs are: Passport, Aadhar, Driving license and Voter card. Every foreign guest at all our hostels must carry and present their passport and a valid visa (in originals) during the time of check-in. Every Pakistani guest at all our hostels must carry and present during the time of check-in: an additional residence permit letter from the Indian High Commission in Islamabad along with the passport and valid visa in originals.
- In case the guest arrives earlier than the check-in time, they can hang out in the common area till the bed/room is ready. However, if the guests are arriving as early as 05:00 hrs, it is highly recommended to book a bed for the previous night to ensure a good night’s sleep.
- Check-out time at all our hostels is up to 11:00 hrs. Late check-out can be available on prior request and is subject to availability. The guests, however, can wait at the common areas until the time of departure.
- Shalom Backpackers, a backpacker hostel, is well suited for young backpacking travellers. As a brand, we do not recommend families and all those below 18 years of age to stay with us.
- 100% payment is a MUST at the time of check-in.
- Local residents are not allowed to stay at Shalom Backpackers. Local residents i.e. people living in the city or any adjoining areas where Shalom Backpackers is located are not allowed to stay at Shalom Backpackers in their respective city. The staff at all the hostels will ascertain the city of the guests’ residence on basis of the address proof that the guests provide during the check-in.
- Right to ADMISSION is reserved.
- As per the company policy, no guest is allowed to reside in the hostel for more than a period of 7 days. Further stay requests can be accommodate only during special emergency circumstances and rights to admission remains with the management.
- All guests must be at least 18 years of age to be able to check-in at any of our hostels.
- Payment modes accepted at our hostels: Cash, Credit card and UPIs
- We cannot guarantee accommodation in the same dorm room in the case 3 or 4 people travelling together. That will strictly be subject to availability.
- Specific policies may apply to different hostels under the brand at specific times of the year and same shall be communicated at the time of check-in.
- Please note, we are still not a PET friendly hostel. We are trying to get there but till then pets are not allowed at our premises.
- Should any action by a guest be deemed inappropriate by the hostel or if any inappropriate behaviour is brought to the attention of the hostel, the hostel reserves the right to take action against the guest. Rest assured, proper investigations will be undertaken by the administration to ensure that the affair is dealt with in complete fairness.
- Right to admission is reserved.
3. CANCELLATION (HOSTELS)
- Any and all cancellation requests are attended to by the central reservations team. To cancel your booking, kindly write to them at email@example.com. Please make sure to mention your reservation ID and all relevant details on the same e-mail.
- All cancellations, if informed 7 days prior to the check-in date, shall be eligible for a 100% refund. In case cancellations happen within 7 days of check-in date, there wouldn’t be ANY refund and will attract 100% cancellation charges.
- The reservations made at the hostel are non-transferable. Therefore, it is mandatory for the guest in whose name the booking has been made to show up.
- Refunds shall be made ONLY through bank transfer and would take 4-7 working days. Processing fee would be charged extra.
- For all communications related to cancellations, write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org with details such as Booking ID and Guest name.
4. CANCELLATION (TRIPS)
- All trip cancellations, if informed 15 days prior to the departure or check-in date, shall be eligible for a 100% refund. In case any trip cancellations happen within 15 days of departure or check-in date, there wouldn’t be ANY refund and will attract 100% cancellation charges.
- B. Refunds shall be made ONLY through bank transfer and would take a time of 4-7 working days. Processing fee would be charged extra.
5. GENERAL POLICIES
- Visitor (Non-resident guests) timings: 10:00 hrs – 19:00 hrs. In case the guest wants to meet the visitor, they can do so in our waiting area or common spaces. Note, visitors are not allowed inside the rooms, at any time.
- Hostel management shall not be held responsible for any loss of luggage or personal belongings. Guests shall make sure not to leave their belongings unattended at all times.
- If the guest’s behaviour is deemed unfit at the property, at any time during the stay, the hostel management reserves all rights, upon subjective evaluation, to ask the guest to vacate the premises and no refund shall be processed in these circumstances.
- Breakfast timings (at all our hostels): 08:00 hrs – 10:00 hrs. However, at times, breakfast timings may change and the same shall be informed in prior to all guests staying in our hostels. Also, note, breakfast isn’t included in the room tariffs and is charged on extra basis at the hostels itself.
- Drugs/Substance abuse is STRICTLY prohibited at all our hostels. In case anyone is found possessing or consuming drugs during their stay, strict action shall be taken against him/her and the person would be asked to vacate the hostel immediately and would be blacklisted from staying at our hostels forever.
- All our hostels having dedicated smoking areas.
- All our hostels are CCTV enabled for safety, security and checks/audits reasons.
- Certain policies shall be location, season or time specific and shall be communicated exclusively at the time of booking or check-in.
- Shalom Backpacker may reach out to the guest for offers, discount, feedbacks and other promotional matters via emails or calls.
- Guests shall be liable for any damage except normal wear and tear to hostel assets. Guest shall keep the hostel room in a good condition, maintaining hygiene and cleanliness.
- Extra mattresses shall be provide, at an extra cost, at all our hostels .
- The guest shall be deemed unfit to continue any further at any of our hostels in case of: drug abuse, non-adherence of guest and booking policies, misbehaviour (Physical/mental/verbal or in any kind), theft, personal hygiene, vandalism, trespassing, non payment/delay in payment of dues, other guest inconveniences or any such unwarranted actions. In all such cases, the guest shall be asked to vacate the premises immediately without any refunds.